Friday, September 25, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like FALL :) or sort of...

So at least we did have a few days that were cool and 'fall' like! So I have decided since the first day of fall has passed then I will break out the fall decor! I spruced up my fall wreath that the people who lived here before us left and added a gold 'C'...
My mom and I made some pumpkin signs as well as some for Christmas...She is a whiz at the jigsaw and I had a lot of fun painting...
I have been in the works of re-painting some walls in our house. First I did the living room and I am going to work on the kitchen. Mainly because I didn't save the paint cans from the first time we painted and we were in desperate need of touch ups and I didn't have the color! Oh bummer I gotta pick new colors ;) You know I love that. Although I don't LOVE painting. It can be a pain but feel oh so good as you look at the finished wall :) Pics to come!
Yeah! Layne comes home soon! We are so excited to see her and Jon and we can't wait to have a blast and eat yummo food and laugh alot :)
I also finally finished the monogrammed 'C' canvas I had made to hang somewhere in the house. I loved it but just never finished it off but I did and now it is finally hanging. It's one of my fav! I'm pretty much in love with the 'C' :)
My poor bubba has been sick the past few days. He has a runny nose and a fever. I thought the fever was gone but this afternoon it started creeping back. He has no other symptoms so I am just watching him and keeping him on motrin. We actually already had an appt. for Monday morning so that works out good...They are due for their flu shots so I hope his fever goes away so he can get his...
I will say this, as soon as he gets well we are taking the paci's away...those things are on my last nerves and so yucky! :) Pray that goes well!
One other thing...We are doing a fundraiser for Layne and Jon's move to Africa through Arbonne's Lipgloss for a Cause. There are 6 lipgloss to choose from and each are $11 a piece. 52% of the profit will go to Layne and Jon. For example, if we sell 500 they will recieve $2800! It's a great fundraiser and while you support two wonderful people to spread the love of Christ to Africa you also get a great lipgloss in the process! Can't beat that! Let me know if you are interested and email at taraprescott@hotmail.com if you want to order. We are taking orders until Oct 15th...
Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to fall!


my wreath



yard signs! yay!



they were sitting right together and then started to move as I got the camera!



another sign


what a sweet face! Her hair is getting longer!



loves that doorbell

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Tara! Love the fall decorations!
You'd asked about making and freezing dinners... I usually make the meals in those tin disposable pans, wrap them in saran wrap, then wrap them in foil (and then put a little label on the outside warning the recipient to take off the saran wrap before they cook it!). I think the "all-stars" at recipezaar:
http://www.recipezaar.com/slideshow/index.php?id=5
would be a great place to start. When something is well reviewed on recipezaar, it usually is a pretty safe bet.
Hope that helps!
kirstin @ kojodesigns
ps- If you try any of those recipes, stop by and let me know!

Layne Heller said...

So I think you have given up on your blog... maybe when I leave again. ;)