Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good times...

My sweet Teagan who is 6 months going on 16 :)


We told him to say cheese and this is the goober smile we got. Gotta love him :)

What a sweet girl! She loves riding in the stroller now!


I love this. Talking about fish you know. All about the trout and redfish :)




Stylin' in her monogrammed onesie by Aubs!



We took a trip to the aquarium last week and had a good time. It was Teagan's first time to go :) Gauge likes looking at the fish a little but really he just likes to run around and then go play on the playground.

Our neighbors little girl has outgrown her swing set and they got her a new big one so they gave us her old one. It's AWESOME! It so cute because it's made for little toddler's but looks just like a big kid swing set! :) Gauge is in heaven and I almost cried watching him swing the first time. He is growing up so fast and becoming such a big boy! Teagan is right behind him and growing even faster because I think she is just wanting so desperately to do everything he does. She scoots around the whole living room fast on her belly and has already tried getting on her knees! She is 6 months at the end of the month! GOODNESS! Time is flying!
Gauge is starting to try and say more and more words. Chris and I were worried that the booger wasn't go to talk but he sure is trying hard now. He attempts and says: duck, hat, truck, dog, moo for cow and cheese. I love that little boy. I forever tried to get him to sign and the cutie signs alot now! I always tell him to say please and he signs it instead. So he signs please, more and then for thank you it looks like he is blowing you a kiss :) Oh I just love them so much! They are precious :)
Monday we went to Houston for Chris' 6 month Dr. appt with the AS Dr. Not much has changed which is good news but he does want to see him in physical therapy and getting some exercises for his back. We also keep hearing over and over that he needs to be swimming so we are going to start saving our money and hopefully build a pool in a few summers. I gotta say, it never really hit me until this trip about his disease. I guess because you don't really 'deal' alot with it or
'see' much of it in everyday life I kind of forget he has a disease that has no cure. Then as I sat listening to the Dr it hit me how hard it must be for him. I can't imagine being the provider for your family and knowing that your disease will probably one day have your spine fused and your neck. That you will have limitations to what you can do with your life and your kids and family. That he could be in pain. But as I sat there and he asked questions of if they have found any new medicines (and yes they are feeling pretty good that within 5-10 years they will have a drug that possibly stops this fusing) that we are seeing the best Dr in the world for this disease and we go every 6 months as part of a research program BUT we serve the God of the UNIVERSE. We serve GOD who knows EVERYTHING about this disease. And if it His will, he can stop this disease from going any further. And I told Chris, I won't stop praying for you and I know that if God heals you that you can be a huge testimony going in for this research and if he never gets worse he can say, I know why. God is my healer. So I'm asking that you would pray for him. Pray that God would work mighty things in his life and that he would see God has good and perfect things in store for his life. Pray I can be the encourager he needs.
Thanks friends! I'm off to a women's retreat with our church and my sis! I'm looking forward to it but I'm already missing the munchkins and I haven't even left! hehe Oh so goes the life of a mother :)

4 comments:

leah said...

Tears came to my eyes reading about your heart for chris. You're right, what an opportunity to pray and see what God does. I believe you already are the encourager that he needs.
You're a wonderful wife and mother.

You inspire me. thanks. :)

Jon & Ashley McP said...

Your kids are so dang cute!! It must be nice to be in shorts and t-shirts right now. We will be praying for you all and for Chris's healing!

Natalie Ward said...

Praying for you guys.. miss you...

Holly said...

What cute children! I love the last one with the huge yellow flower!