Friday, April 9, 2010

Are you ready for a major picture post?!

Whoa....This is gonna be a lot of pics but we took a lot during Easter and I just love their cute little faces and expressions that I couldn't just pic one or two! :)
About two weeks ago Chris' mom (MiMi) came over and helped me and the kiddos plant some in the back. She got them each a strawberry plant. They are pretty little plants and I haven't killed anything yet! But unfortunately Gauge brought me a nice little handful of green strawberries the other day. I'm trying to explain that we can't pick them off or they won't finish growing...Tricky! I also planted some Roma tomatoes, Chives, Rosemary and Jalpenos. So far so good! Nothing is dead and I am super ecstatic. I even see a little bud coming out on one tomato plant. Woo hoo! :)
I also painted and clean up the back so we could enjoy more time there. The kids LOVE being outside so we just needed to get it done. Basically I just wanted bright colors so I would smile when I walked out :)
On to the next set of photos....I was working on some flower bows and the kiddos were in the courtyard where they play alot. I heard water running and lots of squeals and giggles. Sure enough I look out to see to soaking wet children playing with the hose. My first thought was I'm not stopping anything that the two of them are laughing that hard at because I love when they have a blast together. My second thought was get the camera. My third thought was, they are going to want to do this all the time now....;)
We had a great Easter. We had both sides of the family over for a little egg hunt and BBQ. It was so nice to sit outside and the weather was wonderful. Good times all around!
Now if I could just get my hiney motivated to finish painting our room that I half started! Goodness! I'm too engrossed in Food Nation with Jamie Oliver right now though! hehe




The kiddos strawberry plants...


And the sad green strawberries, whose lives were cut short ;)
Freshly painted backyard with plants and veggies!

I love this pic. You can tell he is really laughing a good laugh :)

Those pigtails are hilarious...

Singing their favorite "This little light of mine"

This looks like a pose I would do...."Oh my beloved cookie! How I love thee!"
Mom! Mom! Let's see the goods! They picked through the goldfish and cookies and went straight for the jellybeans :)

Teagan running to give her great- great grandpa, Papaw a cookie!


Wow! A cookie!



Gauge refused to go a get all the eggs to fill his basket. Instead he found it better to just open each one as he got to it and eat what was inside. Ha!


My silouhettes of the kiddos! I love how they turned out :)

Going to church on Easter... Bummer dad was working...



2 comments:

Jeremy and Dana Higgins said...

They are so precious! I miss you dearly my friend!

Natalie Ward said...

Oh my goodness i love the water pictures... Way to go on all the plants... you rock