Friday, January 7, 2011

DUKE


pointing a cat











SO. Over the holidays we fed and watched our neighbors dog across the street. The kids looked forward to feeding Hershey every morning and evening and always wanted to let him out to play with us. Chris has been wanting a Vizsla for a while now and I finally caved. Mainly because I knew the kids would be in heaven with a dog. Ah what you will do for your kids ;)

So last Sunday we made our trek to Houston to pick up our 8 month old Duke. He had been at field training school. haha funny right? He does point though! Birds, cats and I'm sure other things. He is a SUPER amazing dog. He rode the entire way home with me in the back seat like a baby. All he ever wants to do is lay in someone's lap and be petted. Well I did the first two days but like Layne said life has to go on :) He sleeps right by my bed at night and hasn't ever had an accident in the house. He is amazingly calm and gentle with the kiddos. They love him. Vizsla's are known as Velcro dogs and I believe the ride home from Houston made me the other half of his Velcro. He is also great on runs with me. We have run 2 miles several days now and he stays right by my side. He has his quirks that erk me like being all up in my buisness but he really is a great dog. We are lovin' our Duke. I called him ding dong Duke the other day and Gauge looked at me and said "No mom it's just Duke." haha

1 comment:

Layne Heller said...

DUKE!!! =) Your even tempered lovely dog. ;) How did I get the Marley dog? He's super cute and I'm excited for the kiddos to have a family dog. Way to go Mama!