Tuesday, December 9, 2008

New York!
































Was amazing!!

We had such a blast together! We left Thursday morning and got to New York that evening around 6. It was raining and I was bummed but then got into the spirit seeing that rain to New Yorkers is nothing! I'm so used to staying indoors here when it rains and in New York, nothings stops them! So we found Junior's Cheesecake and had some dinner and of course dessert! It was SOOO stinkin' good. I watched them on food network and knew I had to try it and it did not dissappoint! They sell the cheesecakes on QVC and heck I may have to get one sometime! The Chocolate Mousse cheescake was awesome and so fluffy! And Red Velvet...YUMMO! We were tired and ready for bed by 8 but we knew we had to stay out, we came all this way! So we walked on over to Rockefeller Center and I dragged Chris over to ice skate. He was not looking forward to it but once we finished our 30 minutes he smiled and said he was glad I made him. It ended up being our favorite thing and if we hadn't been so tired and sore on Fri night we would have done it again...(And if it wasn't $60! Holy Smokes must be cause its Rockefeller ;) Anyhoo we explored and took pictures and finally went back to the hotel, which was amazing right in Times Square! I think it was still only like 11! haha

Saturday I woke Chris up at the crack to go stand in line for Good Morning America. I had brought stuff to make a sign that said "We miss our kids Gauge and Teagan and its only been 2 days!" hehe We stood there for 1 hour or more and I thought Chris may never speak to me again! hehe It was SOOO cold and then once we got in we had to stand for the whole taping! BUT!!! I was on GMA and it was so worth it!!! Chris ducked because he didn't want anyone to know he was there but I was so pumped! Totally worth getting up that early! :) Thanks honey!

We then went shopping and looked around 5th Avenue. Went to H&M, Tiffany's (there are 11 floors of jewlery! CRAZY!) FAO Schwartz (which the ToysRUs was way better..hehe) ate at Ray's Original Pizza, strolled through Central Park, went the the CRAZY zoo Macy's (and it was like a zoo!) and then went to get ready for our show, the Radio City Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes!! On the way over after dinner we stood in a short line to get a cupcake at Magnolia's Bakery, which is also famous :) hehe It was again YUMMO!!

The show was awesome! I think Chris got bored after the first act but hey I want to be a Rockette so I was totally digging the whole show. It was amazing and they are so stinkin' talented! What was super impressive was that at the end instead of focusing on what the show was about with the older brother not believing in Santa, they totally ended it with the Nativity scene with live camels and sheep and the wisemen bowing down to Jesus and singing Hark the Herald Angels sing. It was amazing that they ended the show on what Christmas is truly about! I think I'm gonna write them and tell them how awesome I thought that was :)

After that we could barely walk back to the hotel we were so stinkin' tired! We slept long and hard and woke the next morning to get a Starbucks and go down 5th Ave. again. Which by the way Starbucks is on every corner and I know why! It's so cold you must have hot coffee the whole time! :)

It was so fun spending time together and yet we were both so excited we were running off the plane to hug our sweet babies! We are so blessed....

6 comments:

Sarah W. said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time! I love NYC...something about it, especially during Christmas!

Will & Abby's Life said...

Those are great pics! Looks like y'all had a blast :) Tara, you look so cute as a brunette!

Beni Fam said...

I am so glad you guys had so much fun! I am a little jealous because we literally live only about 5-6 hours or so from NYC and we have yet to visit and we have been up here for almost 3 years now. We are determined to visit there at least once before we move from here. We only have one more year here. Haha...but I read your comment about the rain and I think it is a northeastern thing because rain and snow do not stop activity in Maine as well. You still see people around running their errands. I am sure in NYC there is more walking though. The pics are great!

Jade said...

your pictures are so great, I love your storytelling skills. :) I know what you mean about missing the babies. Nate and I are leaving wesley for the first time with grandma and grandpa in a few weeks for our anniversary getaway and im going to cry, i know it!

and yes, I do photography on the side. :) Don't be too hard on the JCPenny lady, dealing with frustrated babies is pretty hard. :) But it's worth it in the end if at least ONE good picture came out.

I bet your babies were so cute all dressed up. They are PRECIOUS.

And what a great idea to go to New York at CHRISTMAS. AND I LOVE GMA. :) That is so cool you got on! Way to go!

That was a very random comment. Haha! Sorry about that.

Jon & Ashley McP said...

way to take advantage of every single minute there- i would be exhausted!

Natalie Ward said...

Holy cow this is so awesome!! Sorry things have been so crazy and overwhelming... Thats why I haven't called...