Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New President...

I won't lie, sadly I didn't even think twice about turning on the tv to watch the inauguration, and now tonight sitting here I wish I had. I have to just give kuddos for several of the Christian blogs I read and the awesome things they said about today and made me really look at the whole day in a fresh positive way. History was made and how amazing! No matter who I voted for, today we have a new president and God is still in control and like I have heard over and over, let us pray for this lovely family that is embarking on a huge new journey, they need our prayers. They are just people, humans just like me and you, a family just like mine. That's another thing. President Obama is human and humans will always let you down. We must keep our eyes on Jesus for He alone is worthy and forever faithful and true. Let's pray God will help guide him and all of our leaders in doing what is right for our country. I want to leave you with a link to a blog that totally was a smack in my face and made me really look at myself and ask some big questions....Check it out....(Watch the video at the beginning too, never thought of it like that...)

http://www.itsalmostnaptime.blogspot.com/

Leah also did a wonderful job at making me look at today with a fresh look. Thanks Leah!

1 comment:

leah said...

Thanks for your encouragement, Tara. I'm glad you were able to see this event in a positive way after all :)

These things are never out of God's hands...