Sunday, August 9, 2009

I heart my children...

What?!

Let's just say I can't get this girl to be still to take a picture!


oooh Baskins cake!!!


My lovely Fiesta pitchers! I love them!

One cute kid!


One cute girl!



Her face cracks me up!


Yeah this is my chair and I am cool :)



Classic Teagan face!


Yup! I do! I heart my kids! They are the best thing ever. They seriously crack me up daily. Their personalities are hilarious and I love how different they are from each other. Spices things up a bit ya know? :) Seriously though, we have some major sibling battles happening. Teagan thinks her job in this family is to a.) be one stinkin' cute kid and b.) try to steal, push or get into her brother's things. No matter what the poor boy is doing Teagan will get this look on her face, run over to whatever he has, steal it and run (well her run is a little slow but its a run for her). Then Gauge will either a.) take it back and have to dodge her swinging hands because she is ticked off or b.) pushes her down. Yes ma'am we have some sibling rivalry right here at the dern ages of 2 and 1 year old. Mmmhmmm, I gonna have to nip this one in the bud although my mom and sister reminded me last night that for some reason that is what siblings think their job in life is as kids, to drive their other sibling crazy. As Stephanie reminded me that Layne and I would try to get into her locked bedroom and figured out we could use our library card and slide it in the door and open it. Hahaha. I said it was probably because she had a sweet purple radio that played "Walk like an Egyptian" and what sisters would not want to break into that room to get jiggy with that awesome song?! Good times...

My family came over last night to celebrate my birthday a little early and brought Macaroni Grill and my all time favorite cake...a Baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip ice cream cake! That right there = an awesome birthday to remember. Yeah I have a severe obsession with mint chocolate chip ice cream from Baskins....but moving on...they also started me on a collection of Fiesta pitchers for my shelf, which is incredibly awesome now with that addition. My favorite thing is when I put them up, Gauge walked in and did like this gasp and pointed and was definately liking the new addition. He liked it so much that he woke up the next morning and pointed again very excitedly while saying 'gee, papa, nini, boog) since they are the ones who gave me them. One smart observant kid if you ask me! I like that he appreciates fabulous additions such as Fiesta pitchers to a kitchen shelf. I love that boy :)



And since Chris doesn't read this blog I will confess my secret here. Teagan was up early this morning and instead of being bummed that she was up earlier than normal, I was thrilled because that means I snuck eating a piece of BR mint chocolate chip ice cream cake for breakfast. (did I mention it was Baskin Robbins?!) If you don't eat cake and ice cream directly the next morning after a birthday, you are seriously missing out. It is by far one of the main reasons I love birthdays. There my secrets out and I feel like a weight has been lifted....My name is Tara and I am a Baskin Robbins-aholic :)



And lastly, Chris and I are going to Houston Tuesday for his semi-annual Dr. appt for his AS and we decided to go ahead and stay the night and kind of do a Dr/birthday trip. We really never go to Houston and stay longer than going to the Dr. and eating lunch and coming home. Any good things to do there? We are staying downtown and I am planning on the Galleria. Because good golly have I not been? I don't think I have! Sadness. So I'm excited about that. Pray that we have good results from his appt and that we have a safe trip.


I'm actually going to take my camera in hopes to get some pictures of the two of us on a 'vacation' :) haha. Until then, enjoy these hilarious photos of our extremely funny children who I will miss even just for 2 short days!


1 comment:

Layne Heller said...

Chatted with Mom, and heard ya'll did not hear too much news about Chris. No news is good news right? I keep believing the Lord for his healing, and the stop of any progress.

Your kiddos are getting cuter by the day; I love them!

I'll call soon.

Love you!