Friday, January 15, 2010

Lots to do=Nothing getting done...

I don't know if this every happens to ya'll but whenever I have like an abundance of things to get done, it's like nothing gets done and I have little motivation. But the times I only have a few things and absolutely nothing I'm all ready and raring to go. Hmm....Need to work on that. I am keeping a spiral with an ongoing list of things I need to get done and then things I want to do. It's helping a little being able to mark off the things I do...I always love me a good list, notepad and pen ;)
I'm a secretary at heart... But I guess secretaries get stuff done not just look at the list...
Wanna know another wierd thing? I like go crazy with planning ahead and thinking I need to get everything even if it is a month off. Yeah...retarded I know. I'll always stress out and tell Chris I gotta get all this stuff and he will ask me when it is and then I will say oh in about a month. So your telling me I don't need to get it now? hehe Oh! Gee whiz...
Other little things have been bothering me lately too. The earthquake in Haiti is really on my heart lately. We sponsor a little boy named Alias in Haiti and I have just been so sad about it. I looked up info on sponsor children in Haiti and they say as far as they know all sponsor children are ok at this moment. They will contact you otherwise. I just cannot even fathom the chaos, fear, saddness, anxiety, uncertainty and on and on of what those people are going through. My heart breaks for each one of them. You know the one thing that stuck out from going on all of our mission trips with Teen Mania was a video clip I saw there. It had pictures of people all over the world and written on each clip were things like "They cry like you cry" "They hurt like you hurt" "They love like you love" and I have never been able to get that out of my mind. Especially when you watch the news and see these people's faces who are hurting and crying and scared and it makes me so aware that they are the just like me. We are the same. We hurt the same, cry the same, fear the same....They are just like me. And I hurt for them. I want to hug them and let them know God sees them. He is there in the midst of such catastrophe and He hasn't left them. He LOVES them. And so do I. I will pray earnestly for them and I will send money to help. If you haven't given please think of it. I know it was so easy to just text the number 90999 and write "Haiti" and they would bill you $10 towards the Red Cross on your next phone bill. $10. That's it. We can all do $10. And if we all do a little it adds up to a lot.
I guess my other thing I'm struggling with right now correlates to the Haiti thing. I have such a hard time with BALANCE. I'm reading "A Hole in our Gospel" by Rich Stearns who is the CEO of World Vision. It's an AMAZING book and I would encourage ya'll to check it out. It will challenge you like no other. I have such a hard time living the day in and day out life here and wanting to drop all of this materialistic, self absorbed, worldly junk and move overseas and love on people. Now don't get me wrong, I KNOW that it is HARD overseas. Probably harder than here but at the same time the draw of doing something to help those who are helpless and hopeless pulls so hard at my heart. I feel like here we are overwhelmed and bombarded with the world. It pulls you every which way. Even as a mom I guess because it's just the daily ins and outs of waking up, cleaning up and entertaining little kiddos that I feel like I'm not doing much for Christ. And yes I know that my mission field is my children and my home and those I meet but ya'll, can I be real? I stink! I stink at it so badly! I'm so not a shining reflection of Christ and I want to put what I know in my head and make it real. I want to know that this is my mission field and really see I'm giving some sort of glory to God. I'm only halfway through the book so I'm hoping Rich Stearns is going to tell me what to do....haha just kidding. I am going to seek Him harder though and I've really got to commit to READING His Word DAILY...Good place to start huh?? ;)
Well enough blabbing...Here are some pics!


Made some "Look what I did Today" clips for the kiddos art work


This boy loves him some Disney movies!


She is growing up way too fast ya'll....WAY TOO FAST. She is my little darling!
And I want an outfit to match ;)


Nursery letters for a good friends precious new baby, Miss Hadley. Doing these letters made me want to re-do Gauge and Teagans! Hmm.....



Bow Holder! Girls have gotta have some hair accessories!


What a little goober girl! Her hair is growing so much!


My sweet friend Natalie made these for the kiddos. They have a verse from the Lord. I LOVE THEM....


The same exact eyes! Hilarious! I think he looks just like his mommy! ha! Yea right!

She literally was in this pose for like 5 minutes watching a movie. Silly girl!


Saying "I love Kung FUUUUUUUUUUU!!! From Kung Fu Panda :)


Teagan's new thing. CLIMBING ON EVERYTHING!




Matching Mickey Pj's from MiMi and Pappy!

3 comments:

Layne Heller said...

Hey Tara,

I love you! It is hard to find balance wherever you go. Here too! I always feel like I could do more here...

Your kiddos definitely are your 1st ministry! Remember Jon's post about realizing his dad was a missionary at home.

About the people in Haiti, don't minimize your prayers. God can move, do miracles, and comfort where you are not.

Now about your kids... they are growing!!!!!!!!! Especially Teagan. She is looking taller, older. Sniff sniff. Precious all the same. =) Gauge has Chris's eyes, but my nose! (for now)

I miss you guys! Love, love, love you!

the sealey family said...

you are sooo talented, tara!!! how did you do those letters? are they decoupaged?

leah said...

Tara, your thoughts on Haiti were eye-opening. I've seen the pictures and felt some heartache, but it hadn't occurred to me, like you said, that "they hurt like you hurt" etc...

Regarding your thoughts on ministry in motherhood. I've been thinking about this a lotlately, and a friend's blog helped me realize that God is interested in my HEART being more like His, not so much the things I do, but WHO I am becoming. Here is the link - (she is my friend that I stayed with while in France) http://angelabeise.blogspot.com/2010/01/it-matters.html.

Thanks for being real, Tara.