Friday, April 24, 2009

God requires change...

So God doesn't really give out the 'Easy' button does He?
He called us to take up our cross, deny ourselves and follow Him. It's the dying to ourselves part I'm always battling with. God is in the buisness of change. He never wants us to stay right where we are at. He is always refining and purifying us; molding and shaping us; smoothing and chiseling us, into the image of Him. And can I tell you that is one heck of a process. For me, that's a lot of chiseling...
You see I have this little problem with this person, Tara. Yes me, Tara. She is the most stubborn gal I know. She really really doesn't like releasing control and letting God work. No she has this little problem with wanting to control everything herself. But like my mama has always said, "Tara you better learn the lessons God is teaching you the first time around, or else He will have to keep bringing up those problems until you give and learn the lesson."
Well, I give.
If you haven't ever listened to JJ Heller's music, you should. She has wonderful talent and the words to her songs hit home...Here are the lyrics to "Only Love Remains"....God brought this song fresh to my mind as I sang Gauge to sleep and it is where He is calling me to be...
Scenes of you come rushing through You are breaking me down
So break me into pieces That will grow in the ground
I know that I deserve to die For the murder in my heart
So be gentle with me Jesus As you tear me apart
Please kill the liar
Kill the thief in me
You know that I am tired of their cruelty
Breathe into my spirit
Breathe into my veins
Until only love remains
You burn away the ropes that bind
And hold me to the earth
The fire only leaves behind whatever is of worth
I begin to see reality For the first time in my life
I know that I’m a shadow But I’m dancing in your light
Teach me to be humble
Call me from the grave
Show me how to walk with you upon the waves
Breathe into my spirit
Breathe into my veins
Until only love remains


Keep changing me Lord...keep changing me....
Until only LOVE remains....
And of course I don't like leaving a post without pictures!! Here are my sweets doing what they do best, being stinkin' cute!! :)

New 2T Pjs from Aunt Boog. Yes that's right 2T!!

Painting a canvas for mama with his new finger paints...Note he isn't into the finger part, rather uses a brush...Did my OCD rub off??!?! :)



I went to lunch while they napped and came home to see this...That will melt any mommas heart! Teag and her daddy had spent quality time while brother napped :)

This child LOVED the water hose...But be careful...He squirts you!

Lovin' his leap frog speller. He really just likes to push the button that sings the ABC's for him while he dances around!

And I can't leave a post without posting one of my girly! Here she is eating Gauge's raisins wrapper...Yes she follows behind him just waiting to get whatever he leaves...Little booger!
Oh! Good golly I almost forgot I gotta post about Mr. Gauge's 2nd birthday!! I will do that with photos on his real birthday coming up this Sunday...Stay tuned!!


2 comments:

Natalie Ward said...

I like this!!

Layne Heller said...

Happy B-Day Gauger! =)

I love JJ Heller... and probably that is one of the best songs. I need some breaking away too. Don't stop! Even if it is a little at a time. As Rita Springer would say, "It's gonna be worth it"