Wednesday, July 8, 2009

More frequent posts for Aunt Layne!


One of my favorites for my older sister. It's a quote from the book "Safetly Home" By Randy Alcorn...(a must read!) That's in Mandarin and translates "Real gold fears no fire."







Fun Uncle Jon!



Toes done!



So I told Layne I would post more frequently so she can still feel as though she is still here visiting :) And of course because she does an amazing job of keeping us updated and I feel as though I am right there in Portugal with her! I love you Layne!


So I have finished a few more signs and still working on a few. I have a little problem of not knowing when to stop...For instance I will paint and then think "Is that too plain? Should I add something?" And then over do it...Chris is such a help though and usually helps me figure out just what it needs. I want to take an art class and figure out how to shade and such. I also need to figure out how to use my camera! Sometimes I will take pictures of the signs and they come out ok but other times they come out all wrong and the colors are off. I have a friend who said she would show me (Jade I am going to get with you!! :) ) and I really need to do that! :)

Other than that I am obsessed with making flower hair clips for Teagan :) I heart accessories for little girls! I will post some pics of them soon.


And Monday night my girls bible study group started a new study! It is "Me, Myself and Lies" by Jennifer Rothschild. I am really loving it and I have a feeling I'm going to be getting ALOT out of it. It is about our 'thought closet' and how we need to replace the lies we tell ourselves with the TRUTH of God's word. I also really enjoy just having a study book to work through. I am a school person at heart. I love pens, pencils, notebooks, anything schoolish. (I made up that word) And it really helps, especially with my two wild munchkins, to have a book to follow in and actually write in.

Well as I am talking about that book I better go get busy on Day 2 Week 1 while my sweet babies are snoozing. :)

No comments: